Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Half Birthday Austin!



Austin is now six months old. He is cute, cuddly, fun, sweet, playful, precious, adorable... just to name a few. He is still at the top of his growth chart for height. Go figure. But is slimming down a bit. These are his stats:

Height: 28 in/ 90th percintile
Weight: 16.7lbs/ 30th percentile

Head: 45.25cm

I have really enjoyed staying at home and getting to be his mom full time. He changes so much everyday in what he like and dislikes. He puts everything in his mouth. I am expecting teeth or at least a tooth any day now. He still loves his jumper. He also loves anything that looks , sounds, acts like a dog. Gizmo is his favorite but he even giggles when I make dog sounds. He also likes the mirror, playing horsie on your lap, prentending like you are going to drop him, hanging upside down, Crinkle noises namely water bottles and paper- he loves to crinckle it up ecspecially magazines. In fact the other day he rolled all the way across the living room and grabbed a magazine out of a basket. He is pretty mobile this way but is not crawling. He tries but is just not quite stong enough. He is however sitting up pretty good. He still falls over after a while but is getting better. He has been eating cereal for about a month. It took us a while to get the hang of it but he is doing pretty good and his doctor gave us the go ahead to start food whenever we are ready. Below is a picture of one of his first feedings. As you can see more ended up on my shorts and his face and bib than in his belly.







This was in our backyard the other day. He loved the grass. He kicked, pulled it, and tried to eat it. I don't know why but we hadn't really let him play in the grass before this but he loved it.



His first pumpkin!



Funny Story: The other day our little family went for a walk and about five steps out the door Austin was ready to get out of his stroller so I decided to just carry him (convincing myself I wasn't spoiling him but getting a better workout, ha) Then after a few strolls around the block Gizmo put his stoppers on and decided he wasn't going anyfurther. So Gizmo took a ride in the stroller while Austin got held. I am sure we gave our neighbors a good laugh. Evidence of our trip and spoiled little boys.



1 comment:

  1. haha, I love that Gizmo is in the stroller!! too funny. Austin sure is adorable!! I think Hudson has the same green and grey shirt, is it from the gap?

    ReplyDelete